The following comes from the national AFL-CIO office. Any activists interested in attending should apply – there are links to take you to sites to apply for scholarships, if needed. Of course, since this course deals with LGBT issues on the job, any member could logically ask our local’s executive committee to help with expenses as well. However, this event is taking place in about one month and the next EC meeting isn’t until April 12. So it would be wise to register first, methinks. This is an opportunity to learn how to be a force for change and how to advance equality in the workplace. It could also serve as a catalyst for something that is all too often lacking in our dialogue about workplace issues.
We have an exciting opportunity coming up this April in Washington, DC — please join us!
- Have you ever thought about getting more involved in Pride at Work?
- Are you interested in starting a chapter in your area — or looking for creative ideas to make your existing chapter stronger? Are you newly elected into leadership, or considering taking a greater leadership role in the future?
- Are you a seasoned leader, looking to sharpen your skills and get ideas from others doing the same work? Are you representing Pride at Work on your Central Labor Caucus or State/Area AFL-CIO?
- Are you organizing an LGBT caucus in your union, or looking to strengthen an existing caucus? Are you working on greater LGBT inclusion in your Civil / Human / Women’s Rights Department of your union?
- Are you an LGBT activist engaged in the struggle for economic justice?
- Are you a straight ally, interested in becoming a stronger advocate for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender workers?
If you answered yes to any of these questions – then this training is for you! On April 26-28, Pride at Work will be holding a national LGBT Labor Leadership Training at the AFL-CIO in Washington, DC. There is a nominal registration fee of $50, and scholarships are available for both registration and travel expenses. Interested applicants must be current members of Pride at Work (renew or join here), and committed to attend the 2012 P@W Convention in Cleveland, Ohio. Please don’t let finances be a barrier if you are interested – we will work with you.
- Get more information
- Complete an application
- Upon notification of acceptance, pay your registration fee & sign up for your track
- Make a scholarship donation to support those who would like to attend but need assistance
Please forward this email to other members of your Union, P@W Chapter, CLC or other colleagues in the movement for social and economic justice that might be potential applicants. Solidarity!
Pride At Work, AFL-CIO, 815 16th Street, NW, Washington, DC 20006.
Phone: 202.637.5014. Fax: 202-639-6264 E:Mail: email@example.com