The United Media Guild achieved many economic gains with its tentative three-year agreement with Missouri Jobs with Justice.
“The staff of Jobs with Justice works very hard to advance the rights of workers,” unit chair Richard von Glahn said. “Having an employer that recognizes and values that work only drives us to work even harder and build JWJ into a successful and powerful organization.”
Business representative Shannon Duffy and von Glahn negotiated the new contract which, if ratified this week, will include:
- A new minimum base pay of $40,000, which will result in significant raises for several employees.
- Average salary increases of 15 percent over three years.
- Family health and dental insurance provided with no premium costs to employees.
- The employer will contribute $800 a year into the CWA retirement and savings account for each employee and match up to an additional 4 percent.
- Part time employees will be eligible for health and retirement benefits at a pro-rated basis.
- Employees will get $1,000 every Jan. 1 in a Health Savings Account.
- Employees will receive a cell phone on the JWJ plan or up to $65/month in reimbursement for the cost of their personal plan.
- Employees can sell back up to 40 hours of unused vacation a year at a rate of $15 per hour.
- Employees working in “campaign mode” will earn 8 hours of vacation for every week they are in such mode.
- The employer will establish a pre-tax flexible savings program if feasible.
Also, Jobs with Justice and the UMG will establish a labor-management process to help resolve concerns.